"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Steven Page

I went with my roommate and most of my building, actually, to see Steven Page (formerly of The Barenaked Ladies) last night. We got free tickets because our downstairs neighbor was working at the gig and they were severely undersold so they were trying to fill up the place. It is too bad tickets didn't sell well because he was fabulous and so funny. I don't think I have ever been at a concert where someone has messed up as much as he did but he managed to make the mistakes a good thing somehow. Afterwards I said to Jenn that I had never seen someone mess up so often and so well.
I really enjoyed the cellist who accompanied him. They got a standing ovation and gave us a three song encore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment