"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Friday, November 6, 2009

Local Tourist Assignment



This assignment was to choose something or somewhere we walk by everyday and don't normally notice, and explore it with our camera. We were to make a series of three postcards and write a note on the back of one of them.
I struggled with this assignment because my whole roll of film turned out overexposed. I did what I could to save some of the shots but I would have liked to be able to pick three completely different shots rather than two being very similar.
Oh, and there is a shoe in the second one, it's hard to see in the scan.

1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

alas, the tricks of working with real film, huh. you must be learning some great skills at tweaking things in the darkroom. although the two shots are similar, i only looked at them one at a time and had to look very closely (enlarge) at the first one to be able to see what was on the ground. then when I got to the similar image, it affirmed that it was what i thought it was.

Post a Comment