"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Kid

I thought I had finally watched all the Charlie Chaplin movies on my list(I like them but I was starting to get a bit of Chaplin overload) but then I discovered there was one last one. Turns out this last one was my favourite. It is called The Kid and it is from 1921. It is only about an hour so it is short and sweet.
In the story Chaplin plays a poor con artist of sorts who takes in an orphaned baby and raises him. It is very different to see Chaplin portray a paternal character. And the kid is wonderful.

2 comments:

TedinZim said... [Reply to comment]

wow, never heard of it.
i think it's sweet that you're crying in that second shot ;)

Kyrié said... [Reply to comment]

ha! am not! I know I could just take screen captures but I kinda like the dimension it adds when I take pictures of the screen

Post a Comment