"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cameras


In photography we learnt how to use the Mamiya which is a medium format camera. It shoots large square negatives and there are only twelve shots to a roll. It doesn't have a built in light meter so we have to use a separate one.


You see the image by looking down into the hood.


This is what it looks like with the hood up and the bellows all the way out.

I am glad to have the chance to learn how to use this camera but I don't think I will switch to using it for all the assignments. It simply takes too long to set up a shot when you have to figure out the light meter and then you only have twelve shots to play around with.
So I am still using the Pentax as well. This is the lens I have on it right now.


Well, it's a sunny day. I should get dressed and go take some photos because I need to develop and print two rolls by thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment