"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Friday, August 21, 2009

Florence

My first taste of Italy. Enchanting.

We took a train from Strasbourg to Paris, then Paris to Nice (overnight), then Nice to Milan, then Milan to Florence. It was a long haul but Florence was worth it.

We arrived at night and had a very hard time finding our campsite. From finding the right bus to getting off at the right stop. Then we set off on foot in the wrong direction when we had really been almost there. But we asked a few locals and they pointed us in the right direction.

In this photo you can see the tents set up among the olive trees.














We were right next to Piazza Michelangelo which looks out over the city. It is also the home of a bronze replica of David. One of three Davids in the city.

0 comments:

Post a Comment