"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In Loving Memory

It has been a hard time for me with loosing pets. Two years ago my "little kitten" Mina who belonged to Willow and I was hit by a car. She was, perhaps, a stuck up princess but that was only because she was over-loved from the time she could fit in the palm of my hand. It still brings tears to my eyes to think of her.









Next the cat that had been with my mum and I for 16 years up and vanished. For anyone who knew Raven that was not an unusual occurrence. But this time was different. Unlike the past when he had been found weeks later locked in a neighbors shed, or had turned up at my grandma's having found his way across Victoria from our new apartment, this time he never reappeared. It was winter and we got a lot of snow right after he left. And he was old. I can dream that he found a new home where he is being hand fed tuna on a velvet pillow but my heart tells me that isn't so.








And then, while I was away in Europe for nine weeks, my dog Chipo died. I wasn't told until my return but somehow I knew. I had a vivid dream while on Santorini that he was gone and that my mum wouldn't tell me. I was worried when I left that this would happen. I wish I had said a proper goodbye just in case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment