"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Halifax, Nova Scotia


I'm here! I haven't been here long but I already really like Halifax. It is small but alive.
It has a lot of similarities to Victoria being a harbor city. The downtown also reminds me a little bit of San Francisco because it is on a steep slope.

This is the clock tower. You can hear it chiming on the hour. Apparently a gun fires at noon in the fort(where I took these photos from) but I haven't heard that yet.
The energy is a bit different from Victoria, however, as it is very much a university town rather than a retirement one. Dalhousie campuses and residences seem to be everywhere.

This image shows one of the two bridges from Halifax to Dartmouth, and apparently there is a bit of rivalry between the two cities.
I have found an apartment on Shirley St. which is a twenty minute walk to NSCAD(right downtown). Shirley runs parallel to Quinpool which is a main street that looked interesting when we drove past it. I look forward to checking that out. I haven't moved in yet so photos of my room and the place are yet to come.

1 comments:

judi t said... [Reply to comment]

what a great find - your new home with sunny
walls,lots of space and cats to love!

Post a Comment