"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Monday, August 3, 2009

London

It is strange to think back to our arrival in London. It feels much longer ago than it really is. And I feel as if the person stepping off that plane was not the same person who writes this now.

London!!! I absolutely loved it. From the free museums and art galleries to the splendid public transit, it treated us well. Plus we had two wonderful places to stay.

One of my favorite things was the British Museum. I could have spent days in there. There is so much to see that I was having a hard time taking anything in after a few hours. If I lived in London I would make regular trips there.

We went to a lot of markets such as Petticoat Lane, Brick Lane, and Camden. And I admired much of the British style, bemoaning my lack of extra money for more shopping.
But I did get a couple things that I love.

Willow, my wonderful traveling companion and best friend. I was so happy that she ended up coming with me. I daren't contemplate what it would have been like without her.


I thought this was a fitting sculpture outside of the channel 4 building. Made entirely of brollies(I love that my spell check has no idea what that means). It does actually look like a giant 4 from the right angle but silly me, I didn't take a picture of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment