"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

19

Well, hello everyone. It's my birthday today, I am now 19 years old.

It has been lovely to have my grandma here for the last few days. We managed to do quite a lot around my classes. And today I didn't have any classes so that was perfect. We took a bus tour out to Peggy's Cove which is sort of the iconic little fishing village with a light house perched on the rocks. I don't have any photos of that because I took Jenn's film camera there instead of my digital one. The best birthday present would be if those photos turn out but I really don't think it worked because when I went to rewind it there was no resistance. I don't think the film was even going through the camera. I have been loving film photography but it's things like that which make me not want to switch over from digital. I'm not saying nothing goes wrong with a digital camera but at least you know it's gone wrong.

We had a beautiful day which was even more appreciated because the last two have been cloudy, rainy, and foggy.

We went out for dinner at Economy Shoe Shop(yes it is a restaurant) but neither of us had much of an appetite after the delicious gingerbread we had at Peggy's Cove. I ordered a cider and they didn't even ID me.

Yesterday we went to the citadel which is in the centre of the city and I walk by it every time I go downtown. It was interesting and it is nice to know what's up there when I glance up at Citadel Hill.

Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes, it has been a lovely day.

1 comments:

TedinZim said... [Reply to comment]

i remember rolling down citadel hill while we were on vacation one summer. i think i was four. you should try it, i'm pretty sure it would be just as much fun at 19.

Post a Comment