"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Roma part 2

This fountain is outside the Pantheon and we ate lunch or gelato on its steps a few times.


A silhouetted cityscape with St. Peter's right in the middle.


There were so many beautiful statues, especially angels, throughout the city.


I was quite taken with the Trevi Fountain. It is magnificent.


This is the only time I saw this sight but it pleased me to no end.
A brief note on Italian style: yeulch!
I was surprised to find I don't like it much at all. They are very fond of shiny materials, sequins, and have an infatuation with purple. Perhaps this is something that has lasted from the days of the emperors.
Haircuts are often very choppy and waaaay too much eyeliner is worn.
These last two pictures are from the area called Trastevere. We stumbled upon it while trying to find a gallery or museum. We never found what we were looking for but we had a great time exploring the neighborhood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment