"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Long Journey Home

All packed up and ready to go.
This was a return journey with a lot of steps.
  1. Take a shuttle to the port on Santorini.
  2. Catch the boat back to Piraeus.
  3. Take a bus from Piraeus to the Athens airport (at midnight).
  4. Sleep in the airport until our flight.
  5. Fly from Athens to London Stanstead.
  6. Take a bus to London Heathrow.
  7. Spend 36hrs(? I can't remember exactly but it was around that) in Heathrow airport.
  8. Fly from Heathrow to Seattle.
  9. Say goodbye to Willow, and go to Linda and Michael's(my grandparents).
  10. Spend the night in Seattle.
  11. Get the bus from Seattle to Port Angeles.
  12. Miss the last ferry and have to get a hotel room
  13. Get up bright and early and catch the first ferry.
  14. Meet my Mum and Grandma in Victoria, and drive my Grandma to the airport for her europe adventure.
  15. Drive home.
Whew!!! What a long time that took.
This was out of the large glass wall we slept in front of in Heathrow.
It was lovely to have some trees in an otherwise concrete, metal, and glass world.
Our flight from Athens was beautiful. Taking off, the city looked like a rock covered in barnacles because the buildings are all white. And we flew over the Swiss Alps. Willow brought up the valid point that they were not really much more amazing than the Rockies but they were beautiful anyway.
And now here I am, sitting in Halifax, on my next adventure. But this one will be a wee bit longer. And luckily all in english.
The End

1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Kyrie, I'm enjoying reading your blog. It takes me back to my own adventurous youth. Enjoy your art course. I'm now starting my 3rd year of water color painting which I find relaxing and fun . I attend a 90 min class once a week and there are 8 in the class.
Take care ,Jean in Kelowna.

Post a Comment