"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Friday, September 4, 2009

Santorini part2

This shot shows part of the ruined city on top of the mountain beside us. It believe dates from around the 2nd century B.C. It was really amazing to see how advanced they were. There was even a theatre.
We took a bus to the main city, Fira. It is beautiful, perched up on the cliff top.
There were lots of cruise ships and tourists riding the donkeys up the cliff. It was very small and didn't take us long to explore the whole thing. We only went there once. I felt like we were supposed to go there again because that was the reason I had wanted to see Santorini but we were happy with our little routine in Perissa. And I don't think there was much more to see.
We were really done with sightseeing and ready just to relax.
This is the beach right in front of our place. It does have black sand but it looks especially dark here because it was raining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment