"Art is why I get up in the morning but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define."
-Ani DiFranco

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

French Cinema

I have recently watched some amazing movies most of which were French. I was going to write a post with a list of all of them but I am realizing that, because some of them are now among my favourite movies, they each deserve their own post.

They have a lot of the same actors in them and I now have some new favourites in that category as well. I already liked Marion Cotillard(on the right), Eva Green(for some reason I never realized she is french), and Gaspard Ulliel. I have now added Melanie Laurent(on the left), Louis Garrel, and Lea Seydoux.

I will start off with Jeux d'Enfants (Love Me If You Dare) from 2003.
If you liked Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain as much as I did then this is definitely worth watching(and if you haven't seen that one, check it out too). It has a similar style and feel to it. It stars Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet who's characters take a game of dares, that they started as children, to the extremes. This is absolutely a new favourite for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment